Bathrooms are now evolving from spaces used only for bathing and meeting other hygiene needs to spaces that allow relaxation. Bathrooms are one of the most used spaces in a home. They need to have functionality and aesthetics go hand in hand. Because of the nature of use, appliances, and fittings in a bathroom, it is prone to water damage. Water damage can affect a bathroom's structure, function, and looks.
It is important to identify signs of water damage and initiate water damage restoration as soon as possible. Delaying water damage gives the water more time to affect more materials and objects and cause damage and complications. Proven Restoration LLC lists the signs of bathroom water damage for the benefit of homeowners. They are a full-service water damage restoration, and reconstruction contractor insured, bonded, and licensed by the state of Texas. Homeowners can rely on Proven Restoration LLC when they need water damage restoration in Harmaston, TX.
Signs that indicate water damage in the bathroom
- Musty smell: A persistent musty odor may be due to mold growth on the floors or walls of bathrooms.
- Mold: When mold is seen and reappears after cleaning the bathroom.
- Loosened tiles
- Warped drywall
- Inadequate sealing: Grout and caulking serve the purpose of preventing water from permeating into materials. When they are ineffective or develop gaps and faults, water soaks underneath tiles.
- Spongy floors: Water that seeps into floors can affect the subfloor, decay plywood in the subfloor, and result in areas of the floor feeling soft. This sign is seen primarily on the floor around the bathtub and toilet.
- Peeling wallpaper and blistering of wall paint.
Preventing water damage from occurring in bathrooms
Some measures can help prevent or reduce the risk of water damage in bathrooms.
- Watch for signs of water damage (like those listed above).
- Ensure that broken tiles and caulking are replaced without delay. When many tiles are loose, they may have to be replaced, and any damaged material beneath (like drywall) can be cut out or removed.
- Inspect the valves of showers, tubs, and sinks. Wetness and staining around them may be an indication of a leak.
- Any leaky faucets and dripping shower heads must be repaired to prevent water from seeping into adjoining materials.
- Avoid flushing things like sanitary napkins in the toilet that clog the toilet resulting in water damage.
- Keep exhaust fans on when the tub or shower is in use.
- Keep bathrooms dry when not in use. Excess water can be wiped down after a shower, and the tub must be drained after use.
- Use bath mats to absorb excess water and prevent water from accumulating on the floor outside the shower.
It is always impossible to prevent water damage. Even the most well-maintained houses can experience water damage after a pipe bursts suddenly. Any kind of water damage can be tackled efficiently by professionals. Proven Restoration LLC has more than two decades of experience in the industry. The IICRC-certified technicians assess the water damage and create a mitigation strategy to restore the property to its pre-damaged state. For friendly and professional water damage restoration in Harmaston, TX, residents can contact Proven Restoration LLC by a call to the number (832) 669-5519 or by sending an email to email@example.com.